Care of the Course
A message from our Caddy Master
PLEASE REPLACE DIVOTS ON FAIRWAYS
PLEASE REPLACE DIVOTS OR FILL WITH SAND AND SEED MIX ON TEE BOXES
PLEASE RAKE BUNKERS AS A LOT OF TIME AND EXPENSE HAS GONE INTO RESTORING THEM
PLEASE KEEP YOUR FEET ON THE FLOOR OF THE BUGGY NOT THE DASHBOARD
WE ARE ENDEVOURING TO MAKE THIS COURSE BETTER PLACE TO PLAY; A LITTLE HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED
Repairing pitch marks
- Use a ball mark repair tool ( available from the pro shop ) whenever possible.
- Insert the repair tool at the edge of the pitch mark. Do NOT insert the tool within the depression itself
- Push the tool forward from the edge of the pitch mark toward the centre. Do this around the edges of the indentation.
- Do NOT insert the tool under the indented area and push up – a common mistake. Think of it as pushing turf in from the edges toward the centre.
- Tap down the repaired area with your putter so that the surface is even.
- If your pitch mark has actually displaced a piece of turf do not replace it. Just work around the edges with your repair tool as normal. Any replaced turf will simply die, delaying the healing process.
- Pushing the tines of your repair tool under the indented area and pushing up only damages the root system.
- You should naturally always repair your pitch marks, but, time permitting, you should repair any other ball marks you see, too.